Monday, June 11, 2012

Tomato Plants From the Seeds of Tomatoes

I was going to plant a bunch of seeds this year right into the ground.  I have been starting them inside and noticed that a few do not survive the transplant, so I figured maybe I could just try the seeds directly into the ground outside.

With the tomato plants, I really didn't have to! I hope they produce a good amount of tomatoes, but I already had tomatoes growing from the tomatoes that had fallen onto the ground last year.  A couple of the plants are growing nicely and are looking quite healthy, tho they are quite young yet.  I did plant peppers from seeds outside, but have not seen any of them come up yet.

Has anybody had success with tomato plants that grew from the seeds of fallen tomatoes? I am waiting to see :) I didn't plan it this way, but when checking on my onions and garlic a few weeks ago I saw some plants growing.

The only problem now is that I am not sure which tomatoes I have growing.  I did have yellow tomatoes, regular tomatoes and yellow cherries in that part of the garden last year.  We shall see!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment