Friday, July 29, 2011

These Tomato Plants Are Getting Huge!

Would you believe that in this picture is 2 healthy and big tomato plants? They are growing huge but one is not producing a lot.  The one on the right is a yellow cherry tomato and it has been producing a lot of cherry tomatoes.  The one on the left is a big beef tomato plant and I have a lot of flowers on it but only 2 tomatoes have been growing on it.  They have been getting big but not starting to turn red yet.  These 2 plants were the ones that got hit by the branch when we took the tree branches down so I have not done much with them to shock them.  I pretty much let them do their thing and they do look quite healthy given what they went through.  I could not believe how big the plants have been getting.  They pretty much smothered the pepper plant that is in front!! I will see if the one on the left starts to produce more.  It does have a lot of flowers so I am hoping it will.

They are looking great for a huge and heavy branch landing on them!
The picture doesn't seem to make these look as big as they are when you are standing in front of them!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment