Saturday, July 30, 2011

These are Healthy Cucumber Plants

I am learning a lot about cucumber plants this year, it is the first year I have grown them.  They are growing quite well and I have many little cucumbers on them.  I got to pick 3 off the plants so far.  2 were kind of shaped funny.  They didn't grow real long but they did grow wide.  They looked almost like a ball!  The third cucumber was perfect tho, it tasted quite yummy.  I am not sure what happened to the other 2 but I did not eat them.

The cucumber plants grow pretty tall and they have almost like ropes that grow on them.  Not sure the proper name but these "ropes" grab onto things and wrap around whatever it grabs.  It seems they do this to support the plant as it is growing.  I have found these little "ropes" wrapping around my tomato plants and the fence.  They are even wrapping around other parts of the cucumber plant! The plant is quite healthy tho and growing tall.  I have a lot of little cucumbers growing on it now.  This is a real low maintenance plant so I am sure I will be growing then again next year.  The only thing I really had to do with these is keep the little "ropes" from wrapping around other plants.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I would like to grow cucumber in my garden soon. I am encouraged having read your blog.

    Sheds

    ReplyDelete