Saturday, July 24, 2010

Feeding the plants with Miracle Gro cured yellow leaves

All my plants are planted in Miracle Gro Potting Soil.  I thought that it was going to be enough plant food as this is my first year gardening.  The leaves started turning a little yellow so I searched for answers online and found that it could be a lack of nitrogen.  So I bought Miracle Gro all purpose plant food, a powder you mix with water in the watering can.  I gave their first dose last Sunday and boy what a difference.  It was definitely what they needed! They almost instantly started getting all green again and they started growing faster.  It is supposed to be used every 7-14 days so I will give them more tomorrow.  Now I have to transplant three of my plants into 5 gallon buckets.  They were growing quite slowly before. 
My yellow bite size tomatoes were mostly for the kids.  They are very tasty but I do not have a chance to eat many of them before the kids do.  The plant is growing quite tall now and is in need of a transplant.  I have two other plants in planters to be transplanted now.  The plant in the topsy turvy is really taking off and I don't have to transplant that one.  It stays in the topsy turvy once planted.  I think that and the Miracle Gro was the best $15 investment I have made! 
Maybe by next year I will be a pro :)

No comments:

Post a Comment